Family Medicine Full Spectrum Services
You will find that my practice is unique in that it is moving toward what is called an “Ideal Medical Practice”, or Micropractice–one that affords you access to your provider with limited staff interactions or medical assistants. This is one of the benefits of a small practice. One thing to consider, though, is this means that I am the only one overseeing your care, so it is important to maintain good lines of communication at all times. I appreciate your suggestions, comments and most of all your patience!
Services Provided at this clinic by Dr Kathy Alvarez …
Your Partner in Wellness
- Same-Day Appointments; in most cases for established patients, call us, leave a message, we will do our best to fit you in
- New patients within 1-2 weeks; in most cases
- Convenient Online Appointment Scheduling; Patient Portal
- Group visits ; for varying topics – based on demand. Let us know if you are interested!
- In-Clinic, simple procedures (e.g.,skin biopsies);
- Wellness and preventive services- We do not do in house blood draw (e.g. Laboratory referral for routine cholesterol panel and any other indicated lab testing, Pap smears, Immunization consultation- limited immunizations available, referral for colonoscopy when indicated and mammogram referral)
- Motor Vehicle Accidents; For established patients
- Dr. Alvarez IS currently taking new patients. We provide care for most primary care preventative and chronic medical conditions, excluding prenatal care, obstetrics, and infant exams.
- In some situations, Dr. Alvarez may find that you would be best served by referral to a specialist in a given field; examples of these situations would be ongoing chronic pain management with narcotic treatment and workman’s compensation cases. Please call for clarification if needed.Contact Us
For procedures or special cases that may require more time. A request for Dr. Alvarez to fill out disability / medical release paperwork. (Even if you are an established patient, in order to complete the necessary paperwork this will require a 60 minute (one hour) visit). Any procedures must have a visit with Dr. Alvarez before scheduling.
Paps and Physical Exams are considered “Well Visits“. Please schedule a 60 min. visit for all physical exams and paps. If you have significant medical conditions, or chronic issues to review, those issues may need to be addressed at a visit other than your Well Visit. The “Well Visit” allows us to focus on PREVENTION of disease and recommended studies.
MINORS – If you are under age of 18 you will need to have a parent come with you or contact Dr. Alvarez before you are seen UNLESS you are being seen for a confidential visit for pap smear, STD testing, mental health or alcohol and drug issues or pregnancy testing / birth control, OR if you are an emancipated minor.
If you are scheduling a physical exam, please check with your insurance company to verify your coverage. Most insurance policies allow for one physical per year, but every policy is different. As with all medical services, the difference between the cost of a physical exam and the amount of insurance reimbursement is patient responsibility. Thank you for checking on your coverage before your visit.
Update on Payment Practices & Policies
- Most insurances accepted, phone ahead to confirm.
We are currently contracted with (In Network): Aetna, Cigna, Lifewise, ODS, Pacificsource, PHCS/Multiplan, Providence, Regence, United Healthcare, Greatwest
We are NOT currently not contracted with HealthNet, Medicare, Tricare, or One Healthplan
We do not take Workmans Compensation claims for new or established patients. you may call for recommendations if needed.
- Cash pay discount for uninsured patients.
**Please take note – there are some larger insurance plans with multiple networks . we do not participate in ALL networks for Some companies*** if you have a new insurance or are a new patient – please message us with the NETWORK or confirm with your insurance we are contracted with them.
Physician & Office Information
Kathy Alvarez MD Partners in Wellness
Your Primary care provider in Portland
Cedar Hills Office Park 1815 SW Marlow Suite 206 Portland, OR 97225